Thursday, September 30, 2010

Our Little Boy...

As Nolan has surpassed his 3 month birthday and approaches 4 months, he definitely is growing out of his little baby stage and becoming our little boy.


A little boy that LOVES to play. He's still got that smile of his with the little dimple, but now he's got a giggle that goes along with it. Those of you who know me, know I'm easily amused. I laugh at about anything, and we're starting to see that Nolan does too! Right now he thinks "Patty Cakes" is soooo..... funny! Hearing his little laugh can transform any bad day you think you've had!


A little boy that Loves to Splash! Nolan is officially too big for the infant support in his tub, and now that we've taken it out, he's discovered he can splash!! He splashes so much so, that mom and dad had to mop up the kitchen with towels after this last bath! Needless to say, his future baths will be taken in the big tub! The kitchen sink just isn't cutting it anymore!! :)

A little boy that loves him DA BEARS!  Shane has always been a devoted Bears fan- we have season tickets, MUST have jerseys on by game time, and get nervous in church on Sundays when communion starts pushing close towards kick-off time! It's obvious that Nolan has no choice but to be a #1 Bears fan! I mean, we don't want to jinx it, but since Nolan's been with us the Bears have...... well we won't say it out loud, but lets just say we're off to a good start this year! BEAR DOWN!

A little boy who's learned how to make friends- Nolan continues to enjoy his weekdays at Cousin Hilary's house, but this last month a new friend has joined him! His cousin, Avette, has also started to go to Hilary's during the day. They are only ten days apart, and are a hoot to see together. Hilary has been an amazing nanny to the boys, and there's no greater feeling then pulling in to the Tierney driveway at the end of the day, and seeing little Nolan and Avette in the wagon together. I look forward to watching these two little guys grow up!

Our not-so-little Nolan is now eating 5-6 ounces, is still sleeping through the night (Praise the Lord), is transitioning from the 1-2 Pampers to the size 3, and couldn't be more charming than he is when wearing a size 3-6 footie pajamas! 
His current nickname is "drool monkey" as he seems to be teething, but handling it like a champ!



This adventure known as "parenthood" has truly been amazing so far. I've become a better wife, teacher, and all around person as I learn so much from this little boy of mine. Shane and I have never been happier and can only pray that this experience continues to help us grow. I can't finish this blog tonight without giving a special shout out to Shane as a father though.....

You never know what to expect out of your spouse as you transition through big stages in life. Watching Shane with Nolan is truly the sweetest thing I've seen. The two first of all look EXACTLY alike. You would think Shane carried him for nine months instead of me! Needless to say, Shane is an amazing father. He gets up with Nolan each morning, gets him ready, gets himself ready, all while managing to serve me a morning egg sandwich before I walk out the door. I start my car each morning, take off for work, and just smile thinking about how lucky I really am! Thank you Shane for taking care of Nolan and I. Being a "working mom" has really turned out to be ok with you as my teammate through it all!

I'm signing off tonight just feeling flat out lucky! We'll be heading back to the Dr. in only a couple of weeks! Can't wait to see how much Nolan has grown :)

1 comment: