Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nolan's First Words....


"DaDaDaDaDa....."
 Nolan's sweet little voice babbles these words daily now :) As our little guy turns 5 months old this week, he continues to amaze us. We went to the Dr. a  couple weeks ago, and Nolan weighed in at 15 lbs. and 1/2 oz., and was 25.5 inches long. He's in the 50th percentile for weight and the 80th percentile for height. Dr. Sapetti said he was such a strong little boy and told us to go ahead and start feeding him cereal :) Nolan took to eating like a big boy quite well! He currently eats cereal twice a day and wants to grab the spoon from my hand and feed himself! This of course means that he thinks he should be eating everything that mom and dad eat! We set his little bumbo at the table now during meals, and to keep him satisfied he insists on drinking water from our glasses and trying out any food that we're eating. I always tear off a little piece of bread that I let him nibble and drool on and he so proudly "dines" with us at the big kid table. He's so proud of his new ability to eat and feed himself. I am excited to see where this goes! The next step is mixing in fruit with the cereal, and then trying out those yummy vegetables!!





Nolan weebles and wobbles and can almost set up on his own now! His favorite toy is definitely his exersaucer, and he really loves to lay big wet kisses on his little bird. His chunky little thighs get bigger every day and he's currently sporting 6-9 months clothing! He's still not ready to grow hair on that perfect little noggin of his, but I think his baldness only adds to his cuteness!

When it's time for bed, Nolan still loves for me to sing "Ohh my Baby Boy" and he's out like a light within minutes. His bouncer chair still serves as his nightly rocker as well while were reading his favorite books, Goodnight Moon always being on the list.... 

Nolan's new tricks:

Getting up once or twice a night now for a feeding.
Sucking in his lips and smacking his gums....
Cutting teeth : - /
And screaming a really loud funny scream that we call his Pterodactyl Scream!

We are truly blessed!

"I am your parent, you are my child. I am your quiet place, you are my wild...."

From our new favorite book- "You Are My I Love You"

2 comments:

  1. I miss you and love you guys so much! I can't read that book to my babies without crying! "I am your finish line you are my race"...right?!? Ahhhh.
    Hope to see you guys VERY soon! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obviously not spending enough time over there. I was planning on his first word being RRRRRRRROSE. Hahahaha Dang it!

    ReplyDelete