Anyway, though I am opposed to the spending of money on sweets and flowers and other nonsense, I'm not opposed the idea that we all take a break from our busy schedules and go out of our way to be sure our loved ones feel noticed and appreciated! Whether you do it on February 14th, or ground hogs day, I see no shame in making it a point to lather your favorite people with some love!
This year I feel especially blessed to share my day of love with my two boys. Our big romantic plans include a nice, home-cooked meal together as a family. On the menu we have a slow-cooked roasted chicken served with asparagus and a Paula Dean Potato Casserole I'm trying out! For desert will have Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats, a favorite at our house.
Because Nolan loves The Itsy Bitsy Spider, we went with a spider/ insect theme. We got him an "Itsy Bitsy Spider" book, along with "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly." Nolan already loves the part:
"That Wriggled, and Jiggled, and Tickled Insider Her!!!"
This was a book that I always loved reading at Grannie Annie's and I was excited to find the same version for Nolan.
Happy Valentine's Day to You All! Remember to see this day as not an over-rated holiday, but a day to remind yourself of your blessings and spread as much of your own love as you can!
I'd like to end on a "Mama Lisa" note today- She always seemed to place importance on Love in our Family and the ability to share this love with everyone you can! A lot of what she has instilled in my sisters and I is to love unconditionally, and to try and see the good in everyone. I see a lot in common between her little life lessons and the message in Luke 6:27-36- The "Love Your Enemies" bit....
Love for Enemies
27“But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31Do to others as you would have them do to you.
32“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even ‘sinners’ love those who love them. 33And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even ‘sinners’ do that. 34And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even ‘sinners’ lend to ‘sinners,’ expecting to be repaid in full. 35But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
Happy Love Day- There always seems to be so much to be thankful for, and so much to love! If anything, try loving someone who may seem as though they don't deserve it! It could speak volumes and they could be more deserving or in need than you think!
LOVE this post! and I LOVE YOU!!! Happy Valentines Day sweetheart!
ReplyDelete