Nolan has grown so much in the last two months, and has passed some milestones as well! Since my last blog, Nolan and I did take a trip to the Dr. for his 6 month Check-Up!
No trip to the Dr. is fun, but this one was especially traumatic for our little guy. Actually, I'm pretty sure we left this appointment in such a panic, I didn't make it out with his exact measurements... You see, there are double the vaccinations at the 6 month appointment- he had to get two shots in each leg at the same time! As i tried to hold and comfort him, I noticed blood all over the table and his little shirt. My initial reaction was to wipe his clothes off with my hand so I could then hold him and try to calm him down. Within seconds of me doing this, the nurse informed me, the blood I had on myself and my son was HERS! I was livid, and she was frazzled..... BY the time I cleaned up, got Nolan settled, and scheduled my next appointment, I wanted to cry and scream along with Nolie. It was awful, and I'm thinking for his next shots I am NOT going alone!
Nolan's measurements based off what I remember at 6 Months: 17.5 lbs and 26.5 inches long??
In these last two months Nolan has also cut two adorable teeth on the bottom, and has managed to stay pretty healthy. He sleeps mostly through the night, but will have his occasional weeks in which a schedule is a thing of the past. He's not a crawler yet, but might as well be! He scoots, rolls, and back peddles his way to any toy in sight. I see crawling in the very near future. Buying outlet covers and cabinet locks is on my to-do list!
Nolan's also trying to grow hair. It's definitely blond right now, and he has an adorable little calic on top that I just love!
He eats like a big boy- He has cereal every morning and before bed followed by a bottle. He also is eating solids for lunch and sometimes dinner. He loves Apples with Bananas, and Mixed Veggies with Whole Wheat Pasta.
Nolan's "Likes"
Singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider
Reading all of his books before bed
Taking LONG baths
Drinking Water from his Sippy Cups
Giving High Fives to Anyone Who Wants One
Bouncing and Rocking when he's Sleepy
Watching Mickey Mouse and Doing the Hot Dog Dance
Bouncing in his Hippo Chair
Favorite Toy still = The Remote Control, and not the one he got for Christmas!
Favorite Books still = Good Night Moon and Chicka Chicka
Nolan is now saying Mom, but only when he is crying and needing comforted.... I think it's pretty sweet though!
Cannot believe you already 8 Months Old Nolan Jay- We love you more with each new day!!
Sweet sweet boy. He is such a blessing. LOVE YOU NOLAN JAY!
ReplyDelete