Monday, June 10, 2013

Nolan turns 3.... Ohh what a year!


Nolan Jay- 3 Years Old!

Looking back, I documented SO much from Nolan’s first year…. I must say, I love being able to look back at that year and re-live all the funny moments and memories, and am sad that I l stopped taking the time to document and reflect on it all. I’m going to try and do better… Which means I need to start with Archer’s poor, non-existent, baby book at this point. Whooops!

Today, I wanted to take a moment and share Nolan’s latest and greatest at age 3. Over this last year, Nolan has started going to a new baby-sitter, Tracy, who lives right here in Chatham. Tracy was the parent of an amazing little student I had in my class last year. He was that model student that every teacher loved to have in their class. Respectful, hard-working, enthusiastic. … He too, was named Nolan, and I couldn’t help but appreciate what a cool little kid he was. As it came time to decide and search for a new day care provider for my Nolan, I reached out to my student, Nolan’s mom. I had remembered that she watched another little boy that she would sometimes bring with her to school for events and lunches. For the last year, Tracy has taken in my little Nolan as one of her own. She and her husband provide such a healthy, stable, and inviting home environment. I love that my Nolan feels at home there, and I love the impression I have seen their family make on him! God sure does work in funny ways. SO blessed to have the McMasters  family in our lives!

Nolan has developed SO much more of his personality this year, and I love seeing him find himself.  He likes things just so…. If he has set a train track up a certain way, don’t think about touching it. If his shirt has a tag, find scissors STAT. If he gets food, dirt, anything on his hands, he wants a towel immediately. These quirky, little characteristics of his can be VERY exhausting, but have made me appreciate his strong personality. I can see already that Nolan could care less what other kids, or people are doing. If he doesn’t like it, then he won’t take part. This was hard for me to accept when I would take him to a music class and see ALL the other kids singing and dancing while Nolan looked out the window and compared and contrasted different trucks and jeeps that were in the parking lot. This was hard for me when I would take Nolan to a park with awesome equipment and a MILLION kids running around and playing, while all he would want to do is run around the sidewalks pretending he was a car. Haha! I have learned that my precious boy was who he was long before I even brought him into this world. I adore him and am so thankful for what he teaches me day in, and day out.

Nolan’s Stats:

Nolan is a BIG boy. He wears size 8-9 shoes, and 3T-4T clothes. He weighs around 33 lbs.

Nolan is a picky eater. He is very weird about texture. He won’t touch vegetables, but can dominate a cheeseburger J

He LOVES cars, and all things with a motor and wheels. Trains are another favorite of his. He loves to go down to the basement and play with his train set, but also enjoys his geotrax train track in his room.

Nolan just recently discovered Spider Man—I see a new Super Hero obsession in our near future.

Nolan is a Big Brother. While this transition has been very hard on Nolan, I am so proud of how he has adapted. While Nolan still puts on a front and doesn’t seem to be too entertained by his new little brother, he is already proving to be the best big brother Archer could ask for.  I love watching how Arch already looks at him. The best is yet to come for those two.

Nolan is sensitive, polite, and a good listener. (for the most part! Lol) He doesn’t like it when mom or dad disapproves of something he does. Raising your voice at him will make him cry, however, his stubborn, independent side makes these emotional melt-downs very lengthy and involved JNolan still won’t get out of his bed without someone coming in to tell him to get down. He would rather not walk in a parking lot because “it’s not very safe.”  He says the phrases “please,”” thank you,” “ great job,” and “you are berry welcome.” A bajillion times a day.  Sometimes, he even disciplines me. If I am taking too long to do something he wants to do, he gives me the “OK mummy, I am going to count to free…One… twooooo….freee… Get OVER here mummy!”

Some things he says that are HILARIOUS:

 Let’s DO this!

Boo- Ya _______ ( insert anything he is excited about!) Boo Ya Playdough

Why Sure!

I asked Nolan some questions this week, and here are his answers:

What is your favorite color? Blue

What is your favorite food? Juice   What Kind? Ummm a big juice

What is your favorite toy? My racecars

Who is your favorite Aunt? Erik

Do you like your brother? Nope

Happy 3rd Birthday my sweet, Nolan Jay! I love you to the Moon annnnnnd Back!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment